“COLLEGE DAYS —- After spending the summer enjoying her passionate relationship with Damon (Ian Somerhalder), and making sure that Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) is adjusting after his return from the dead, Elena (Nina Dobrev) is thrilled to move into the dorm at nearby Whitmore College with her new roommate, Caroline (Candice Accola). Still believing that Bonnie (Kat Graham) has been traveling all summer and will soon join them, Elena and Caroline are surprised when a student named Megan (guest star Hayley Kiyoko) shows up and announces that she will be sharing their dorm room. Katherine (Nina Dobrev) makes an unexpected appearance at the Salvatore house and pleads with Damon to help her now that she is human and vulnerable to her enemies. Matt (Zach Roerig) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) return to Mystic Falls after spending a wild summer in Europe, where they met a mysterious beauty named Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda). Elena can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong with Stefan (Paul Wesley), and Silas (Paul Wesley) makes a terrifying appearance at the “End of Summer” party in the town square. Lance Anderson directed the episode written by Caroline Dries (#501).”
The Vampire Diaries: Things About “I Know What You Did Last Summer” - Speaking of Elena... As I mentioned, she's pretty well adjusted in the premiere. It's interesting to me that she is wanting to be human at a time when Katherine wants anything but that. How bad-ass is Katherine when she's not all powerful? You'll have to see what drama she creates.
- Paul Wesley as Silas: Especially when compared to Damon, Stefan can sometimes be a stick in the mud. With that said, Paul Wesley looks like he's having a fun being a bit of an @$$ playing Silas while he, as Stefan, drowns and has dreams.
- "Royals" - The temporary music track for this episode, at least, includes the song "Royals." CW, you guys aren't saving that one for Reign in a few weeks?
- Twisting the knife: Remember the brief bit with Alaric in TVD #4.2, with the "I miss you too, buddy?" The Vampire Diaries twists the knife again in the season premiere... perhaps more than once.
- Damon the dad: Also really amusing in this episode is Damon taking on a bit of a fatherly role to Jeremy... complete with that "don't tell Mom about that" type attitude. By the way, we do find out what the world thinks happened when Jeremy "died" pretty quickly.
- Meet Your New Roomie: Elena and Caroline have a new roommate who totally gives off an "Imogen Moreno" vibe, for any Degrassi fans in the house. Meaning, she's quirky and a little too nice. Something's weird about her...
- And finally: There is a very funny line about how to spell certain words in Vampire Diaries lore.
Vampire Diaries Premiere: A Delena Romp, Matt's Sexy Summer, Silas' Agenda and 8 More Teasers
Get More: Fall TV Preview, Premieres, Previews, Scoops
The screeners gods have gifted us with a look at The Vampire Diaries‘ Season 5 premiere, and we simply couldn’t keep to ourselves about Elena and Caroline’s “functional” college fresh start.
Here are 11 teasers about Elena and Damon’s summer of love, Silas’ mission, Matt’s wild times, Katherine’s blisters (yep!) and more.
• The episode is called “I Know What You Did Last Summer,” and we’ll find out what everyone’s been up during the period thanks to some back-and-forth emails between Bonnie (via Jeremy’s help) and Elena, who’s spent the three months getting hot-n-heavy with Damon every chance she got, it seems.
• Matt lost two important things during his very steamy summer abroad, one of which will cause trouble for him. Let’s just say executive producer Caroline Dries is making good on her promise that the busboy is not a peripheral character this season.
• Silas, who has his sights set one specific goal, doesn’t waste too much time pretending to be Stefan.
• Like Felicity and every college show ever, Elena and Caroline’s three-person dorm room is ridiculously large… and has its own bathroom!
• Yes, we said three-person room. Since unbeknownst to them Bonnie is dead, Elena and Caroline get a mysterious new roommate, and the blonde immediately doesn’t take a liking to her.
• Katherine may now be human, but rest assured she hasn’t lost any of her spark. Case in point: “I’m weak, and I’m slow. Do you have any idea what it’s like to run in heels? I have blisters.”
• Damon and Jeremy share a scene that may just make you forget about the time the vamp tried to kill Elena’s little bro and instead go, “Awww.”
• Tyler is MIA because, apparently, a wolf pack in Tennessee really needs his help.
• Although Elena is definitely with Damon, Stelena ‘shippers will still get a little something to tide them over.
• Bonnie’s scream during that scene from the Comic-Con sizzle reel is for a very horrifying reason.
• You know what puts a major damper on your first college rager? Not being able to enter the party because you need to be invited in. On the other hand, maybe that’s for the best….
tvline.com/2013/09/19/vampire-diaries-season-5-spoilers-damon-elena-silas-agenda/ by Vlada Gelman